The Global Data Analytics Market is forecasted to reach $105 billion by the end of 2027. More than 90% of enterprise analysts and business professionals reveal that data and analytics are a major driving force to an enterprise’s digital transformation initiative. Unfortunately, according to a survey, 72% of participants [c-level executives] say that they still need to shape a data culture. Today, many companies are hiring BI consultants as extra support to handle the tech needs.
BI or business intelligence is a method that can offer invaluable benefits like –
- Improved data quality – High-quality data assures reliability and confidence essential to make a valued decision.
- Better reporting quality – Increase in confidence enhances reporting quality as you are aware that the data is accurate, clean, and timely.
- Great decision-making – With great understanding and insight facilitates decision-makers to make sound decision and stay ahead in this tough market. Insight-driven organizations are expected to earn 2 trillion annually in comparison to less-informed peers by 2021.
The business intelligence process pulls actionable data and transforms it into meaningful facts. This significant data is used by business leaders or stakeholders to make strong business decisions.
An experienced business intelligence consulting firm like EWSolutions offers expertise and adds value to your in-house IT department. BI consultant helps in improving internal processes and data strategy. They evaluate data and the existing analytic system to plan an advanced BI roadmap. Establish a data-driven strategy that includes data organization, review, and presentation. BI professionals concentrate on increasing efficiency, enhance performance by bringing into line the data strategy with business needs, and thus enable decision-making.
BI consultant’s roles & responsibilities
- Review current data and analytic system.
- Monitor the data collection, storage, review, and presentation processes.
- Design, create and implement new data analytic policies.
- Work with lots of databases and sources.
- Create several visualization models to detect risks and opportunities.
- Build and validate new data prototypes that support decision-making.
- Work with tech teams to create or enhance BI techniques and data analytics.
- Consistently evaluate business processes and performance.
- Compare progress to ensure that the objectives are fulfilled.
- Keep updated records of BI outcomes and key findings.
- Stay updated about the latest occurrence in the data science arena.
- Help the team to take action, trends, and predict based on data.
- Provide data literacy education to the team as and when needed.
BI consultant’s responsibilities can differ but one thing is clear, they are data experts. They are capable to recommend plans and make data more visible, accessible, and useful.
Business intelligence is evolving from retrospective to proactive decision-making with real-time consumer behavior insights through data tracking. Consistent changes and business ability to recognize, accept and tweak strategies to manage the changes will increase your chances of success.
BI consultants are critical for completing major company projects. They handle the tech needs and offer the most critical services. They are capable to offer instant value to implement new technologies efficiently and successfully. Besides, BI professionals can push your business far ahead of the competition with strategic implementation of boosting overall organizational efficiency.