Joint pain or inflammation is not only found in humans, but also in animals. Unlike you, your pet pooches will not be able to voice their discomfort. It is up to us to understand their pain and discomfort. If you have a senior or differently-abled dog who finds it difficult to walk, then a small dosage of CBD oil can provide some comfort.
CBD Oil Can Make Your Dog Active
If your hyperactive dog starts to show disinterest in playing or moving around, then they might be in pain. Your vet might be able to diagnose the issue and recommend certain medications to soothe your pet. CBD oil is gaining a lot of popularity amongst the pet community as it is been said to provide great relief to pets.
You can consult your vet about giving CBD. Your vet might have some or might prescribe licensed dispensaries such as The Pet CBD Company headquartered at Sheridan, Wyoming. They deal with all kinds of CBD oil for all types of dog breeds. The CBD oil for dogs is specially formulated for your pooches and can be easily administered into your dog’s regular food or treats.
Arthritis is a common condition seen in senior dogs. In dogs, this condition can occur within the hips and elbow causing severe pain while moving. Young dogs also might arthritis if they have suffered from some trauma or accident.
Look out for the below signs in your dog which can be an indication of arthritis:
- Disinterest in walks
- Slumping around
- An active dog suddenly becomes lazy
- Limping or stiffness
- Excessive sleeping
Now, before you jump the gun and go online to order CBD oil, you might want to know about these products in detail. CBD oil is derived from the hemp plant. It is quite common to compare CBD with marijuana. However, there is a thin line of difference here. Marijuana consists of a high concentrate of THC, which can give you a high.
CBD, on the other hand, contains 0.3% of THC that when given in recommended dosages suggested by your vet, can benefit your pet in numerous ways.
The next question that will hit your brain is what is the right dosage for my dog? Can I give them human CBD oils? The answer to this is no. There are oils specially formulated for pets. If you administer a human dosage to your pet, it can create a negative impact on their health.
The CBD oil dosage depends on your pet size and weight
- For dogs weighing less than 50 pounds – min dosage would be 1mg and the high would be 12mg
- For dogs weighing between 50-100 pounds – min dosage would be 5mg and the high would be 30mg
- For dogs weighing more than 100 pounds – min dosage would be 11mg and the high would be 45mg
In addition to CBD oil, exercise is also very important for your dog. If your dog is heavy then all excess weight will fall onto their joints causing them more discomfort.
How Will CBD Oil Benefit Your Dog
When used in the right dosage, CBD oil can benefit your dog in the following ways:
- It can help improve blood circulation
- Can reduce inflammation and pain
- It can also help reduce anxiety
- It can make your dog more active and energized
- It can help in promoting bone growth
Not all CBD oils you see in the market are genuine. Bear in mind, your pets make not respond the same as you would do if you used CBD oils. So, before you go about purchasing CBD oil for your dog, you might need to heed the below advice:
- Ensure that the dispensary from where you buy CBD oil has laboratory reports of all their products
- Check the ingredients of the oil. MCT coconut oil is good for pets
- Go in for full-spectrum products as these are made from organic substances
- Avoid going in for artificial flavorings. The natural the better
Arthritis is a part of life and you cannot avoid it. You can do the best for your dog and try to curb the symptoms of arthritis at an early stage so that you can improve the quality of your dog’s life.